- Always place your baby on his/her back while in the DockATot®, except during supervised tummy time. Pediatricians recommend babies be placed on their backs to nap and sleep to reduce the risk of SIDS.
- Never use the DockATot® Deluxe and Grand Docks in a crib, bassinet, or play-yard setting.
- Keep baby’s sleep area in the same area where parents sleep to reduce baby’s risk.
- Give your baby plenty of supervised tummy time when they are awake for healthy development. DockATot® makes supervised tummy time fun and comfy for baby.
- The DockATot® must always be used in a child-safe and "supervised environment." A supervised environment is one in which a semi-alert, non-inebriated adult is co-sleeping next to baby. Adult does not need to be awake next to baby.
- Child’s head should always be positioned at the head end of the DockATot®.
- Keep the baby’s sleep area free of loose items, such as toys, crib bumpers, pillows and blankets. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of wearable blankets.
- Always ensure that the DockATot® is placed fully supported on its back on a flat, firm, and stable surface.
- The DockATot® Deluxe should not be used for unsupervised sleep.
- The DockATot® Grand makes for a comfortable and snug sleep area for children ages 9-36 months. Please make sure to unbuckle the clip located on the foot end of the Dock to ensure a safe sleep environment.
- When using the DockATot® Grand in a child’s bed, ensure that the Dock is of a manageable height from which the child is able to safely descend.
- The DockATot® Grand must not be used for infants.
Failure to follow these warnings could result in death or serious injury.
Whether you use DockATot® or not, we urge you to follow the safe sleeping tips extended by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, which include always placing a baby on its back to sleep, because absolutely nothing is more important than the safety of a child. Please visit http://www.cpsc.gov/ for more information.