10 Things You Need if You're Exclusively Pumping
So you're joining the pumping club, eh? Have no fear, we've compiled a list of things that will make your life a whole lot easier:
1. A breast pump (obviously....)But here's a guide to help you pick the right one for you. I would recommend having an electric one for normal use and a hand pump in case you're caught somewhere without electricity.
2. Snacks and waterGetting enough to eat and drink is crucial to keeping up your milk supply.
3. Breast milk storage bags (and a Sharpie to label them with)
4. A portable cooler with blue iceCheck out this post for all things safe breast milk storage.
5. A nursing cover
6. A hands free pumping braYou could even DIY it. Check out this awesome tutorial I found on Pinterest.
7. Burp clothsMilk can be messy whether you have your baby with you or not-- have some cloths around for quick clean up.
8. Cleaning suppliesYou'll want a bottle brush and soap or microwavable sterilization bags--these babies are SO much easier than an actual sterilizer and some wipes for when you're not near a sink or a microwave.
9. Pictures/videos of your babyLooking at these can actually help with let down. Plus, who doesn't love looking at their babe?
10. A car adapterI especially love this on road trips--let someone else do the driving and you can do the pumping.
Written by: Natalie Gubler