There is a lot of mommy talk about those 'must have' baby items and even though it differs from mom to mom, something almost all moms agree on is a nursing pillow. Nursing pillows are so important, especially those first few months when the baby is so little for latch help and comfort for both of you. I remember how terrible those late night feedings were on my back and neck when I would forget to bring my nursing pillow to bed.
So two big players in the nursing pillow game are the Boppy Nursing Pillow and the Luna Lullaby Bosom Baby Nursing Pillow. Both pillows are great and it really comes down to personal preference. We have put together a list of pros and cons for your convenience.
- No zipper on the cover, stays on SUPER well as it just folds over
- Doesn't lose its shape over time
- A wide 'V' shape makes it comfortable to lean back against a chair/couch and easier to use for different nursing positions (such as the football hold)
- The V shape won't get a crease in the middle of it like the C shape of the Boppy
- You can sleep with it easily after because of the shape
- Comes in different sizes-The Bosom Baby one is the full nursing pillow and the Luna Baby Lil' Something for on the go nursing, for a travel sleeping pillow or to just give your elbow a little support while nursing.
- It is a little more bulky than the Boppy (although this can be a good thing if you want more support)
- Cannot double as a tummy time pillow for a smaller baby
- A little pricier than the Boppy
Boppy Nursing PillowPros:
- Can double as a tummy time pillow and a place to prop baby after feeding and a support when they are older and first learning to sit
- Zipper is covered with a small flap of fabric
- Lots of cute cover options sold separately, easy to wash
- Slightly cheaper than the Luna Lullaby
- May get a 'dent' in the center over time due to the shape
- Not super firm
- Difficult to adjust to different nursing positions due to its donut shape