Meet Katie. Katie is one of The Baby Cubby Store Supervisors and she is FABULOUS. Cool fact about Katie: she is a CPS Certified Technician. (Which, when translated means: She knows pretty much all there is to know about car seats! So if you have any tough questions, Katie's your girl.) She's also the mother to 2 adorable little boys.
Fun Facts About Katie
- She loves to travel!
- She owns a side floral business - super cool.
- Katie loves Trader Joe's!
- She adores wigs!
- My favorite word she uses (quite a lot) is "Underwhelming." Maybe you are smarter than I am, but I didn't even know this was a word 'till I met Katie.
- She loves Adele!!
- She likes to be fancy and dressed up.
- Katie often supplies us girls in the store with yummy treats :)
- She and her boys love to play with Tegu blocks. (If you don't know what those are - check them out cuz they are suuuper cool! They're magnetic wooden blocks!)
- Oemi Baby is one of her favorite brands we have carried. I'm pretty sure she has all 3 of the leather bags and she rocks them all!
- Katie LOVES popcorn. Like, in a serious way.
I Asked Her Some Questions...
What are some of your pet peeves? Chewing with your mouth open, letting water run when you're not using it, and backseat drivers.
Do you have any weird habits? I talk to myself all the time, especially when I am organizing or cleaning I say "ok" to myself as I go. I also usually have commentary of snarky remarks going through my head. Another one is that I play with the hair on the back of my head, plus I often sing to my children when it would more appropriate to talk to them, especially when they ask a question and I know they won't be happy with the answer. Ok, lets be honest, I sing just about anything I am thinking (my co-workers can attest to that).
If you could only eat 1 meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Salad! But it would have to be different kinds of dressings and toppings of course.
What is your favorite movie? The Shawshank Redemption
What has been your favorite trip so far? Why? Switzerland! I love how beautiful it is there and how genuinely nice the people are. While we were traveling there I asked a guy for help figuring out which bus stop to get off at. He stayed on the bus with us after his stop to make sure we got off on the right one and to direct us to our hostel, then he walked back to his stop. I really loved hearing the cowbells across the valley from where we were staying. And the chocolate was not too bad either. I would love to go back there someday.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? I have a bucket list of places I want to visit, but among the top of my list is Ireland - the largest chunk of my heritage is from there (that's where I get my sense of humor ;) ) Second is Greece - anyone who has seen Mama Mia (movie version) should understand this one. Third would be Fiji, because oh my that place looks amazing! And lastly, Rio De Janeiro because the culture looks very vibrant and rich and of course beautiful!
So if you're local to our Lindon, UT baby store, come meet Katie! She's always super friendly and super happy to help! She'll answer any questions that you have - especially car seat questions! (She's seriously one of my favorite people, I know you'll love her too!)