Check out the differences between these two single-to-double strollers, the Bugaboo Donkey 3 and the Cybex Gazelle S, in our video!
Let’s start off by going over the things they have in common:
- Both strollers come with a separate shopping basket to attach within reaching distance.
- Both have telescoping handlebars with leather accenting for grip.
- Each stroller has an extendable sun canopy with a peekaboo window.
- The seats both have a weight capacity of 50 pounds, and a 360-degree rotating belly bar to make it easier to get your child in and out.
- They also each have large storage baskets underneath for groceries, diaper bags, or whatever you need!
- Both strollers have all-wheel suspension with foam filled tires. The wheels on the Gazelle S are slightly smaller!
- Both strollers have pretty good maneuverability, but in double mode, the Bugaboo Donkey 3 is a little easier to turn because of how the seat weight is distributed.
Now let’s touch on some of their differences:
- The Donkey 3’s frame expands to the side for you to fit a bassinet or a second seat beside the other. In comparison, the Gazelle S has a sliding upper adapter to customize the top seat height, and flip-up adapters on the bottom of the frame. So in double mode, the seats are stacked, versus being side-by-side.
- With the configuration options, it’s important to talk about what each of them come with in the single stroller package:
- The Bugaboo Donkey 3 comes with the stroller frame, the side luggage bag, a piece of seat fabric, a piece of bassinet fabric, and then a single frame for one of those pieces to fit on. If you want to make it into a double, whether with two bassinets or two seats, you need to buy a second seat frame with the corresponding fabric.
- The Cybex Gazelle S comes with the stroller frame, a seat unit, the shopping basket, a cup holder, a set of Cybex car seat adapters, and a rain cover for the seat. If you want to use a bassinet, you must purchase it separately.
- If you want to use either of these strollers with a newborn, it’s best to attach your preferred infant car seat with adapters, or to use the bassinets.
- The Gazelle S has a slightly more compact, skinny fold, with a better shape to fit in most spaces for storage, and you don't have to remove the seats to fold it. This is not the case for the Donkey 3, but if you want the fold to be more compact, you can remove the wheels.