Britax B-Ready Stroller Review
Maybe you're looking forward to the birth of your second child, or maybe you're just a champion planner. Either way, a stroller that can grow with your family is the ideal, but you're coming up empty. Luckily, the Britax B-Ready is the perfect solution for those looking for a single that becomes a double, and we're totally here for it.Welcome to my review of the Britax B-Ready stroller. Before I get into that, I know that you are all very busy. If you don't have time to read my tried and true review, just watch this awesome review video instead: Whew, that's a lot to take in! But let me reiterate some of the best parts for you.
What Stands Out
This stroller is for new parents and those who are well-seasoned. It's no-frills, but it also offers some very cool and convenient options. Best of all, it works with all the Britax infant car seats for a seamless travel system. Here are some other features that set the Britax B-Ready apart from the rest:
- Fully adjustable canopy with extra generous coverage
- Silent (magnetic) peekaboo window for optimal child-viewing, even during nap time
- Easy pivot handlebar for parents of all heights
- One-tap foot brake that's sandal friendly (so no worries for your latest pedi!)
- Swing open bumper bar with removable zip-off pad for easy washing
Things to Think AboutAdjustability. That's the beauty of this stroller. Here are some things to consider as you compare your favorite single-to-double options:
- You will save on this stroller by not having to buy a single first, and a double later, but the second seat kit is sold separately.
- The second seat can only go on the bottom and faces forward. This may prevent you from accessing the basket from the back of the stroller, although there is an easy zip-access point in the front of the stroller.
- If you have a smaller vehicle, or one that's short on storage space, this stroller might not be it. It weighs 28 pounds in single mode, and takes up a large amount of space even when folded. That being said, you'll get those traits in literally any double stroller that accommodates more than one child at once.
- Durable canvas material is wipe-clean only, so no throwing it in the wash (although the bumper bar cover is machine washable).
So if you take issue with the above traits, maybe a different stroller will better suit your tastes. But I'm not finished yet. Wait until you hear about my favorite features...
This stroller is a winner in my book, because it helps you plan ahead, helps you invest now and save later, and has everything you might need but not so much that it's confusing to operate. Here are the things that make the Britax B-Ready stroller a contender in my book: I think this stroller is big, but you'll get that in any multi-seater stroller. It's not that simple to lock the wheels, but I can live with that. I really appreciate that the break has a red/green status so you know if the brake is on or not, which helps you avoid accidents, and saves time. It's also pretty cool that the toddler seat faces either way. I like the added features of the bumper bar: it's washable, and the bar itself is removable, which I am a huge fan of!