Next in our line of car seat comparisons is the Britax Grow With You Clicktight Plus versus the UPPAbaby ALTA. These booster seat options are both great for older kids. Check out the video below to see how they compare!
Let’s start off by touching on their similarities.
- Both boosters have an adjustable headrest, plus added Side Impact Protection on the sides of the shell.
- They both have dual arm rests, and at least one cup holder. The Grow With You has 2 cup holder/snack compartments on each side, while the ALTA has one that can attach to either side.
- Both boosters have removable, machine washable fabric.
- They each have an easy shoulder and lap belt path marked in red. The ALTA has the added benefit of a crotch strap seat belt positioner.
Now let’s hit some of the differences between these two.
- The Britax Grow With You has a rear tether for extra stability in the installation, plus a small adjustable recline.
- It also has more flexibility for your child’s size. It comes with a build in harness, which can be used for children between 25-65 pounds and 34-49 inches tall. As a result, the super convenient Clicktight door can be used for installation with either the vehicle seatbelt or the lower anchor connectors.
- Once your child is between 40-120 pounds and 44-63 inches tall, you can store the harness away inside the seat to convert it to a true booster seat.
- The UPPAbaby ALTA is only a booster seat, so it doesn’t come with a harness. It can be used once your child is too big for their convertible car seat: from 38-57 inches tall and between 40-100 pounds. Unlike the Grow With You, it has a rigid LATCH system that extends out the back to prevent it from becoming a projectile if your child isn’t in the car with you.