Video: Comparing the Britax Highpoint v. UPPAbaby ALTA
Take a peek at the similarities and differences between two of our favorite booster seats: the Britax Highpoint and UPPAbaby ALTA!
Let’s start off with what they have in common:
- Both boosters have a multi-position adjustable headrest, plus Side Impact Protection on the sides of the shell. The Highpoint has 3 layers for extra coverage.
- They both have dual arm rests to keep your child comfortable.
- They each have an easy shoulder and lap belt path marked in red, plus a crotch strap seat belt positioner to keep the lap belt resting comfortably across your child’s thighs.
Let’s go over the differences as well.
- Although they both have cup holders, the ALTA has one that can attach to either side. The Highpoint has two, which are both removable and dishwasher safe.
- Both boosters have removable fabric, but the ALTA’s is machine washable and the Highpoint must be hand washed and line dried.
- The Highpoint has a higher weight capacity, so it can be used longer than the ALTA. The ALTA can seat shorter children than the Highpoint can.
- They each have a LATCH system to secure them to the vehicle seat, but the ALTA has rigid lower connectors, whereas the Highpoint has flexible ones. They operate very similarly overall!
- The Highpoint has the added benefit of No Back Mode when your child is older. It’s a nice plus for children who want to feel like big kids!
- They are similar in price range, but the Highpoint is $20 cheaper than the ALTA.
See our video below for details: