Today we're featuring one of our favorite babywearing products: the Ergobaby Original Carrier.
Ergobaby Carriers are ergonomically designed to cradle your baby in a natural sitting position and to evenly distribute baby's weight between your hips and shoulders, so they’re super comfortable for you as a parent.
The original can be used for babies weighing between 7-45 pounds. As a note, if your baby is under 12 pounds, you’ll need to add the infant insert, which is sold separately. Now let's cover some of this carrier's best features:
- It’s made of 100% cotton in the shell and lining, and has 3 carrying positions: front, back, and hip.
- It has adjustable padded shoulder straps and an adjustable waist belt with a safety strap.
- It has a large slip pocket in front in case you need easy access to your phone or keys, plus a zippered storage pocket.
- The adjustable hood snaps to the shoulder straps to protect your baby from the weather!
- We especially love that it’s machine washable and that the stitching is reinforced at all fabric intersections for extra durability.
Take a look at the video below for detailed demonstrations of how to use the Original Carrier in each of its carry positions.