The UPPAbaby MESA is a premier car seat, designed with easy and precise installation in mind thanks to its amazing base. Take a look at how it works in this lifestyle video!
The overall weight capacity of the MESA is 4-35 pounds and up to 32 inches in height, and this car seat is also compatible with the UPPAbaby VISTA and CRUZ strollers. Right out of the box, you’ll get the car seat itself, the base for installation, and an infant insert, which can be used as needed for babies, especially preemies, from 4-8 pounds.
In terms of aesthetic features, the MESA has a few that set it apart:
- It has a no re-thread harness. Just pull on tab at the top to move the headrest up and down depending on your child’s size until it locks.
- It’s made of breathable fabric for moisture wicking, and very easy to wash.
- There are storage pockets for buckles on the sides to make it easy to put baby in and take baby out.
- Lastly, there is a button on the top of the carrying handle—perfect for easy one-handed removal from strollers!
There are also some notable safety features:
- There is side impact protection integrated within the headrest itself - it is reinforced with EPP foam.
- It has an extendable hideaway canopy with UPF 25+.
- The fabric is Merino wool, making it the first car seat to pass federal safety standards without the use of added fire-retardant chemicals.
Its base has two features that make installation a breeze: self-retracting LATCH and indicator windows that change to green when your seat is good to go! You can do it in literal seconds. Take a look: